Mount Tremper Arts is Hiring!
Events Assistant, Part-Time Temporary
Mount Tremper Arts, an internationally renowned residency and performance center, seeks a part-time Events Assistant to join its growing private rentals team.
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, be able to work outdoors rain or shine and love the wedding industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be on site from noon to 1am during private rentals
- Assist vendors and renters with venue related questions and MTA equipment
- Run extension cords for power as needed by renters
- Keep bathrooms stocked, tidy and flowing as needed
- Build camp fires as needed by renters
- Walk property regularly throughout rental period making sure guests and vendors are using MTA equipment and grounds correctly and safely. Make sure fire lanes and exits are clear.
- Make sure trash gets to dumpsters at end of the night
- Make sure amplified sound ends at midnight
- Keep the grounds “photo ready”
- Be an ambassador for Mount Tremper Arts welcoming all guests and explaining the unique mission of MTA
- 2+ year experience in wedding, event and/or theater production
- Understanding of basic sound and theatrical lighting systems
- Able to lift up to 30lbs and walk mountain property several times a day rain or shine
- Love for the wedding industry
- Available for all of the following dates in 2017- Aug 5, Aug 19, Aug 26, Sept 9, Sept 16, Oct. 1, October 7
- Additional skills such as flower arrangement, wedding coordination, catering captain, or hotel hospitality a plus
Compensation: $20/hour for 12 hours - 7 weekends in 2017
How to Apply: Send a resume and brief cover letter stating your interest and qualifications with subject line “[Last Name] – Events Assistant” to: Megan Byrne, Events and Production Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MTA is an equal opportunity employer.