Mount Tremper Arts is Hiring!
Events Assistant, Part-Time Temporary
Mount Tremper Arts, an internationally renowned residency and performance center, seeks a part-time Events Assistant to join its growing private rentals team.
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, be able to work outdoors rain or shine and love the wedding industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be on site from noon to 1am during private rentals
- Assist vendors and renters with venue related questions and MTA equipment
- Run extension cords for power as needed by renters
- Keep bathrooms stocked, tidy and flowing as needed
- Build camp fires as needed by renters
- Walk property regularly throughout rental period making sure guests and vendors are using MTA equipment and grounds correctly and safely. Make sure fire lanes and exits are clear.
- Make sure trash gets to dumpsters at end of the night
- Make sure amplified sound ends at midnight
- Keep the grounds “photo ready”
- Be an ambassador for Mount Tremper Arts welcoming all guests and explaining the unique mission of MTA
- 2+ year experience in wedding, event and/or theater production
- Understanding of basic sound and theatrical lighting systems
- Able to lift up to 30lbs and walk mountain property several times a day rain or shine
- Love for the wedding industry
- Available for all of the following dates in 2017- June 24, July 1, July 15, July 29, Aug 5, Aug 19, Aug 26, Sept 9, Sept 16, Oct. 1, October 7
- Additional skills such as flower arrangement, wedding coordination, catering captain, or hotel hospitality a plus
Compensation: $20/hour for 12 hours - 11 weekends in 2017
How to Apply: Send a resume and brief cover letter stating your interest and qualifications with subject line “[Last Name] – Events Assistant” to: Megan Byrne, Events and Production Manager, at info [at] mttremperarts [dot] org.
MTA is also seeking an Administrative Assistant with experience in customer service. If applicable, you may send one application addressing your interest and qualifications for both roles.
Administrative Assistant, Part-Time Temporary
Mount Tremper Arts, an internationally renowned residency and performance center, seeks a part-time administrator to join its mission of supporting artists in the creation of new, experimental work. Through box office, marketing, and general office duties, the Administrative Assistant will be part of a small staff dedicated to serving artists and audiences drawn from the Catskill and NYC communities.
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills, close attention to detail, and a passion for the arts. This position will run through October 2017, with the possibility of renewing from March – October 2018.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Box Office: Run box office at all public performances, including setup, staffing, customer service, and reports
- Marketing: With Executive Director, promote public performances through digital platforms and traditional means such as flyer distribution and printed ads
- General Administration: Assist with mailings, letter drafts, data entry, research, and general tasks as needed
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience required
- Ability to handle ticket transactions and mailings with accuracy and efficiency
- Knowledge of communities in the Catskills region
- Interest in experimental performing arts preferred
- Must be available for all public performances through October 2017 (see full calendar at mounttremperarts.org/WatershedLab17)
- Additional skills such as CRM platforms, graphic design, and website development a plus
Compensation: $18/hour, 8-12 hours/week, includes some weekends and evenings.
How to Apply: Send a resume and brief cover letter stating your interest and qualifications with subject line “[Last Name] - Administrative Assistant” to: Crystal Wei, Executive Director, at info [at] mttremperarts [dot] org.
MTA is also seeking an Events Assistant with experience in weddings and venue management. If applicable, you may send one application addressing your interest and qualifications for both roles.
MTA is an equal opportunity employer.